2015年10月4日日曜日

Japanese Restaurants in London Reviews Pt.1

There're many Japanese restaurants in London. Today, I'm gonna try to review these restaurants in my Japanese view point. Every restaurants are not so expensive, considering that they are in London.

Koya Bar




Koya Bar is located in Soho area. They serve Udon which is Japanese traditional noodles. I ordered Tenzaru which is Udon with prawn and vegetables tempura.

I prefer noodles which have more 'koshi'. 'koshi' is Japanese which means the combination of toughness and elasticity.

Tempura is very nice because The texture is light and crispy.

In my opinion, if there were Tabelog in London, which is the most famous Japanese review site for restaurants, this restaurans would get 3.12 out of 5.


Taro



Taro is located near Piccadilly Circus. I ordered Katudon which is fried pork with egg, onion and rice.

Actually, it was Katudon but it was not so good because of lack of 'dashi'. 'Dashi' is a soup made from dried bonito or kombu which is a kind of kelp. It includes a lot of glutamine acid which is necessary for tasty food. Glutamine Inosinic acid plays a very very important role for Japanese foods.

I didn't percept 'dashi' from this Katudon. That is why I wasn't satisfied with it.

My Tabelog score : 2.9


Mai Sushi




Mai Sushi is located near King's Cross station. Here is sushi restaurant, but there are also a lot of other Japanese food.

I ordered Katudon again. I think Katudon is a good barometer of Japanese food. When I eat Katudon, I always check 3 points.

1.They use 'dashi' or not.

2.They use Japanese rice or not.

3.They use nori which is dried laver or not.

This Katudon satisfied all of them.


My Tabelog score : 3.1


  • このエントリーをはてなブックマークに追加


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿